Mighty Mite parts quality

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jongor, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Anyone have any experience with MightyMite bass parts? Necks....?

I've built several Warmoth basses and they are of excellent quality.
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought an all maple Jazz neck over a year ago. Excellent value for the price. The quality and finish is good. The neck has been very stable and has not needed truss rod adjustments once I tweaked it a few times back when I first installed it. The fret wire is thinner than most, but I think that's because they were going for the vintage vibe.
  3. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    I've never built a bass with MM parts, but I have a project P bass with a Mighty Mite neck on it. Since I didn't build it myself, I can't tell you whether or not they fit without modification (although the current fit in the neck pocket is superb), but it's one smooth, great feeling neck. I'd definitely give it a shot if I were building a project.

[edit] One thing I should mention... the P neck (maple) I have is just a tad heavier than your standard fender neck, in my experience. If you're using a particularly light body, neckdive may be something to consider.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've never used Mighty-Mite wood, but I've used their hardware. Fine stuff IMO.
  5. TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    So would you guys equate MM parts with MIA Fender quality?
  6. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I wouldn't make that statement, and I don't have enough experience with MM parts to say. I will state the following, just to give you my two cents.

Based on my one purchase of an unfinished MM Jazz neck, I can report that it's an excellent product for the price ($99 as discounted).

Based on my experience with buying four Fender basses in my lifetime (and also based on many posts here at TB), some Fender MIA basses have quality control problems perhaps due to mass production. You can potentially end up with a neck that has some type of defect like truss rod problems, heel warp, etc. But then again, you could end up with a good one. At least you are now forewarned of the possibility.
  7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    No, I would not. However, I'd say as far as the hardware's concerned, it's higher quality than the hardware on my MIM Jazz Bass from 1995.