1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mighty Mite Precision Body

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by khedspeth, Apr 25, 2009.

1. I just picked up a swamp ash Mighty Mite body cheap and did a hand rubbed oil finish. Nothing special but a couple of weeks of work. Due to my own stupidity, I just now realized that a standard precision bass pickguard doesn't cover the entire control cavity route. Does anybody know if any other pickguards other than from Mighty Mite will fit this bass body?

Thanks,

2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    No idea - I hope you find out soon; I have the same problem, except I bought mine used off of here!

3. Makes no sense. It's a really nice grained body that looks great...why wouldn't they just route the same as a standard Fender? The body was sold as a Fender Replacement even.

4. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Wish I could tell you. Right now I just have a std one, but eventually I'll bite the bullet and buy one from MM.

5. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    hi guys i just happened on this thread, kitsapbass i belive i sold that body to you i had an american fender 60s RI pickguard mounted on that body and it worked just fine!
    regards steve

6. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    SWEET! The current guard is a little bit small by the cavity (it has about 1/16" of an inch on either side of the cav by the input jack).

7. just bumpin' in hopes that somebody has had this issue before and can shed some light on which pickguards work. I have tried calling Mighty Mite for over a week with no luck.

Thanks,

8. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    i'm having this issue. any luck finding a pickguard anyone?

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Actually, a Mighty Mite guard doesn't even fit their new bodies. They changed the routing.

So far I've tried Fenders of various cuts, Allparts, and WD guards.... and contacted a company that sells Might Mite bodies and guards and had them both in stick...he tried the MM guards, said it doesn't "fit well". Considering he knew I would buy a guard from him if it fit, I figure he had no reason to lie about it.

Till this gets figured out, take it as a warning about the new Mighty Mite bodies. I posted about it in a thread about a week or so ago.

:(

10. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    That's odd....

11. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    you know what works (sort of)? a lakland pickguard by slightly reshaping the neck pocket area...