1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mighty Mite Replacement Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Livewire, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've been thinking about changing the neck on my Fender MIM P bass for a while. I was wondering what you guys thought of the Mighty Mite maple replacement necks that go for around $95 on ebay. I know I can always go with Warmoth and spend $400 on a new neck, but I don't know if I have that kind of money right now, I'm a broke college student. Thanks

2. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I picked up one of those necks for a Jazz bass and was very happy with it. The finish on it was satin and VERY thin, but was exactly what I wanted. There were no overly sharp/extruding ends to the frets, so all-in-all it was pretty good.

3. El Jefe

El Jefe

Jun 25, 2008
    Sacramento
    how was the shape? just like a jazz?

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    These are not Warmoths, or Allparts necks - they're both a league above Mighty Mite necks, but for the price they're damn good. If your working with a smaller budget then this is probably a good way to go.
    I'm not so sure though that they're any better in quality than what you currently have on your MIM, but you will get a neck that has a nice jazz bass feel to it.