1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIGHTY MITE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by attackbass, Apr 26, 2009.

1. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    Hey

Looking for some opinions on Mighty mite replacement bodies and necks?

Are they any good? Anyone made a decent bass with them and would recommend them?

They seem cheaper than warmouth, and look ok from pictrures I've seen, but pictures don't count for much!

2. jjk2007

jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to know what people think about their jazz replacement necks. Anyone???

3. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    yeah come on somone must know!!

4. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    The ones I've seen have been excellent quality, as good or better than the stock Fender necks. There's just fewer options compared to Warmoth.

5. Mighty Mite stuff used to be VERY hit-or-miss, but they've really stepped their game up, as of late.

Good stuff.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have a P neck of theirs, on a Jazz bass, bought it from Stewmac, I dig it, nice satin finish, frets were perfect, rolled edges, nice grain. Been solid as a rock since I got it, and the bass has a trem.

I'd buy another without a shadow of a doubt, or fear.

7. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

I have a FrankenStrat with a very, very nice MightyMite neck, if that's any indication then I'd say their bass necks are probably quite good...

8. Lemoore-on

Lemoore-on

May 11, 2008
    I got a P bass body from them, Really nice but I couldn't find a pickgaurd that would cover the routing near the jack.

Just recently ordered a jazz neck, I have not used it yet but it looks great!

9. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    I'v heard the same issue from a few people: from memory the american reissue pickguards fit perfectly, do a search on the forums im pretty sure its been covered.

10. I bought a precision maple neck with maple fretboard and black dot markers a few years ago, whacked it onto a squier jazz body. Couldn't complain, it felt like a P neck and was well made, well finished and well worth the money I paid for it at the time, which I can't for the life of me remember.

11. I recently put an unlined fretless ebanol P neck on a Jazz and it was really excellent.

12. Lemoore-on

Lemoore-on

May 11, 2008
    Thanks for next time, I made one.:bassist:

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    This is a Mighty Mite body with an Allparts Jazz neck project. The body is flawless and the neck pocket is square. The neck fitment is really nice.

100_3108.

100_3109.

100_3110.

100_3111.

14. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    I've built 3, two '57 P-Bass style and one Jazz. All three used Fender pickups and hardware. I still have one of the P's. They all needed slight sanding to make the neck and bodies fit but that was no big deal. The tuners (Fender) had to have the holes opened slightly to fit, which may not be necessary with different tuners but I wanted a '57 P-Bass without paying the Fender price. All three Basses played great and (I bought the finished bodies) looked great too ! I've only kept one; it plays as good as the others but the one I kept is a Tabasco Burst on Quilt Maple with all gold hardware. I wouldn't hesitate to use any Mighty Mite parts ( I put a MM pickup in the P position on a MIM P Bass and it sounded great)

I believe a body AND neck can be had for around $275.00 for both together.

15. David Cardoza

David Cardoza

Apr 16, 2004
    Bought a fretless P neck from them a couple of years ago...

top quality, great neck.