Mightymite Necks and Warmoth necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassMan257, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Hey, Ive been told to get one over the other, but thats really not my question..

Do they have the same "neck pocket" size? I figure there both neck replacements for fenders, so most likely yeah, but i just had to make sure..

reason being is, I want to get my bass together fast (im getting one built) and the neck i really want is a Warmoth (you know, tele headstock, 24 frets, the works) but i dont have money for that right now, and i want to get the bass together to make sure I like it alot... so i figured i could go with a cheap mighty mite off of ebay, IF there the same pocket size...

I just had to double check, yes ive looked, no the exact dimensions arent mentioned...

thank you for the hel[p
  2. First off, 24 frets is not really a Fender standard, so you have to be careful because the bridge position with relation to the neck heel will be different than with a 20 fret Fender neck - if you switch between these you probably won't be able to intonate the bass. Secondly, Warmoth and Mighty-Mite make a bunch of different necks and the only way to make sure the the neck pocket itself will fit is to get the specs from the manufacturer or vendor and check them against the body you are using. At least if they are the ones to give you wrong info, you may be able to return the neck.

3. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The neck pocket sizes are supposed to be the same. But there may be slight differences in tolerances between manufacturers. If you swith between necks you may have to shim one and not the other. You won't know until you try it.

The extra fret on the Warmoth overhangs te end of the fingerboard. You won't have any trouble intonating either. The scale is 34" in either case and as long as they both fit in the neck pocket the same it will be okay.

Both advertise they fit a standard Fender route.

I tried mixing a fretless and fretted neck on a Stingray. It took too long to switch to be worthwhile. Each required a different setup to play properly. So I went out and bought a Godin fretless semi-acoustic electric. I sold the Stingray with both necks as I never really liked the sound. The guy who bought it did though.

But if you want to start with the Mighty Mite and switch for good later I don't see a problem. I've used several replacement necks for fenders but never tried a Mighty Mite. many say they are good.