Mightymite Necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassMan257, Jan 27, 2006.

1. just wanted to know opinions.. these seem to be fairly cheap on ebay, so im not sure if i want one, i just need some opinions of them...

i would be getting the Jbass neck, due to the 1.5" nut ^_^

but yeah, im just wondering if i should save for longer or just get one of these... i found a warmoth i like, but its 160 some odd dollars, and they pre make the holes for their tuning machines... is it worth more money and their machines?

btw, ill be out of town over the weekend, so if you dont get a responce untill monday, thats the reason...
  2. Warmoth does offer the paddle headstock if you wanted to do your own holes.
  3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have owned two basses with MM necks (still own one) and I have never had a problem with them. They have required very little adjustment after the setup and the fretjobs were decent. The construction seems to be solid, at least from my perspective.

Having said that, if you can snag a Warmouth for $160.00, it is definitely worth it as it is a better neck.
  4. turns out ive got a connection where im staying....

so anyway, the tuners i need from warmoth are only 50 per set, and i was expecting them to be alot more for black, but they arent....

so now, heres the debate... teli? style

these are basically my options to go with the bass which is right here

just want to know your opinion... im wondering if i should do the rosewood with the walnut... kinda not sure
  5. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    I have a MM neck, pretty decent, the construction seems solid, well built, good fretting.

Anyway, for a beautiful body like the one you posted, go with the second neck, great vintage look...;)
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Try USA Custom Guitars. They'll ream whatever you want for tuner holes. Pau Ferro (?sp) might be a nice fingerboard. Lighter in color than the RW. So on that custom looking bod, maybe a p/j head in a 3+1 config might kinda cool.

7. im just worried about the wood colors matching... i dont want to pay that much for a neck that looks tacky and dosent match