1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIJ 70 RI Fender P-bass.....any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shortbuscubed, Nov 16, 2006.

1. shortbuscubed

shortbuscubed

Aug 11, 2005
    I've always heard that the MIJ fenders have been reputable instruments. I recently ran across a 1970 reissue for a pretty good price, and was wondering how they stack up against a legit 70s P, or a newer, MIA P. In other words, is it worth paying almost double for a MIA. Help a dude decide!

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got a USA FSR 70's Precision and love it. I've played the MIJ version only briefly and was equally enthralled by it. Frankly, I'd have a couple if Fender Japan was still shipping to the US. Pick one up if you can!

3. well both my fenders are CIJ/MIJ and they are gorgeous........ i tried a US S1 standard P when i bought my Jag (which is CIJ) and i didnt like it at all or i would of had both, then last week i went into my local GAS shop and tried a variax (meh jack of all master of none) and spied:ninja: a pink paisley tele P reissue guess which one i took home:D i LOVE the P its the bass i wabted when i 1st started and compared to the US equivelant mentioned above its miles ahead in feel, in sound (ok its a single not a humbucker but i can live with it), definatly in looks (gold leaf layerd over with paisley decal then a coral pink sunburst on the edges mmmmmmmm:D )

a quick run down of my rant :eyebrow: :D

i tried a US P and it sucked so i only came home with my jag.....then got a JP teleP which blew the US p out of the window IMO/IME.

CIJ/MIJ FTW:hyper:

4. I have a CIJ fender P. It's pretty good. You'll probably want to change the tuners(they aen't the best), but other than that, nice neck, nice tone. I also have an American 62 RI J and long ago, I had a 70s US P. The CIJ is better than some American ones I've played.