1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MIJ '75 RI Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brothernewt, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    SOLD LOCALLY

MIJ '75 Reissue Jazz - Natural, Maple w/blocks and binding. Great shape with a case, no issues. It's had ashtrays installed at one time so has a couple drilled holes that don't effect anything.

I'm asking $750 shipped/Lower 48. I can take Paypal Echeck but would prefer MO or cashiers check. I'm not really into trades, but don't mind refusing offers.

DSCN1964.
    more http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/brothernewt/MIJ RI Jazz/

I can take more pics, but may be slow with the request, I don't always have a camera available to me.

2. I wish it had black block inlays... then it would be my dream bass.

Bump for a awesome bass.

3. don't suppose you want an MTD KZ4 do ya?

4. I have the sunburst version of this. I paid $849.00 shipped from Ishibashi. They're usually in the $1,200.00 range and worth every penny. This is a good price on an outstanding bass. It looks like a nice piece of ash.

5. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    No thank you.

6. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Love the body wood grain and the big in-your-face "it's the '70s - deal with it" headstock.

I had a shot at one of these in the local showroom, some years ago and it's been haunting me ever since. They appear to have appreciated in value since then. That's encouraging.

Good luck with your sale! :)

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Played my 'burst & maple one this weekend both nights. A 'rockier' line up than my more trad country 'grass thing... I've been playing the Godin semi hollows's for so long I'd forgotten how punchy and focused those basses are. J - I almost hope for you that it doesn't sell. These are awesome basses.

8. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Mexico, USA
    weight?

9. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Am I missing something?

10. Nahh... just like the look of black inlays and pick guard with ash wood.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I thought these only came in Black block/maple & MOP block/rosewood?

These came in burst? I thought only the geddy and the 70's ri came in burst? (This is the 75ri right?)

Once again... they came in burst?

12. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Ah, nevermind. I'm stupid, I didn't see you were looking for black inlays.
    I thought they made several different colors but you have to get them from japan.

13. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    AH non-imports. I love me some areodyne non-export jazz bass

14. Hmmm...now you got me thinking. Is mine a "70s RI" or a "75 RI?" It's CIJ for sure, ash body, rosewood w/pearl block and bound neck. 60's pu placement.

Anyway, sweet bass, I have a lot of respect for the CIJ stuff, mine is around 10 lbs and a slap machine.

15. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Nope. Mine is MIJ. An L series in Burnt, Ketchup & Mustard 'burst with the same neck as Jason's. It is the rockin'est J on the planet to me... 1 of the 2 untouchables in my stable...

16. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I have the same one with a black pickguard. The best Jazz I have ever owned or played. Snatch it up you won't be disappointed!!

17. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I'll break it out and get a bathroom scale method weight on it... it's light. Lighter than my SR5, waaaaay lighter than my Wal, about the same/maybe a hair lighter than my Am St P (alder).

-pics corrected-

18. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    bump - corrected pics, and attempted bathroom scale method. It seems the scale's broken... It shows a little more than 8 lbs but says I'm about 20 lbs lighter than I am too... If it's a deal maker for someone, I'll find another way to weigh it.

19. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.