1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIJ 75RI Jazz Pickup position... Has it moved?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vin*tone, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Something I picked up when looking around at MIJ 75RI Jazzes... I've noticed that some later MIJ 75 RI Jazzes have the bridge pickup in the true 70's position (used to be all 60's).
    But when I looked at this page....

検索結果一覧*|*【イシバシ楽器店】ギター、管楽器、ドラãƒ*などを扱う総合楽器店オンラインショップ

I noticed that they ALL have them in the 70's posn. What's going on here? have they changed their design? Or am I missing something?

For those who came late:

Standard MIJ 70's position:
    [​IMG]

Vs...
    [​IMG]

2. Nobody knows?....

3. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Up until last year, the 75RI featured 60s spacing. However, last year, they revamped the 75's, doing away with all the amazing custom colors. My guess is when they did this, they also corrected the spacing.

4. Interesting. Are you sure this has only been the case in the last year? I'm thinking of picking up a used one that (I think) is about 4 years old - has the 70's spacing.

5. Jazzy75

Jazzy75

Mar 1, 2010
    First pic is definitely 60's position, didn't know they changed that, interesting. I thought it was always 60's position with the MIJ '75RI

6. DanHibiki

DanHibiki

Apr 16, 2008
    That's nice to know.

Now I only need to hope that Squier will get this right on the VM line at some point... :p