MIJ Aria Pro II's are Nice - But $2000 Nice? I Think Not!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Aug 27, 2009.

1. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    What do they normally go for?

God Bless, Ray

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Not sure about this model but most MIJ Aria's I've seen sell for $200 - $400ish used....

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    edit: Nevermind

4. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Yea ... some will go a bit higher ... depending on a bidding war. But $2000! Those are some high eBay fees to pay for ignorance ... what a fool. :rolleyes:

5. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Maybe it was a typo?:rollno: One too many zeroes? I dunno, I've seen some whoppers on the Bay but 1000%?:eyebrow:

God Bless, Ray

6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    There's one in Austin for around $550 that I plan on checking out this week. I think I can get it cheaper

7. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    I own almost the exact same bass as the auction's. I paid about $800 for it almost 10 years ago. What you guys have to realize is that the SB1000 in particular commands quite a premium. Consider it their flagship model.

Yes, $2000 is high but I might just possibly do $1500 for a perfect example. Why? Well, if you love these basses you will realize that the RI (or reissue series) will cost you that much to begin with. So, having the choice I would rather have the original than a reissue at the same price. By the way, don't confuse the SB-CB bass with a real SB or even a real RI series. Completely different basses...

That being said, I think a more realistic price for that bass in this economy where buying is at a low would be $1000.

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

No offense, but this one was up for a while and did not sell for $800. Not sure if that's an indication of value or not? http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557046&highlight=aria

9. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    No offense taken, that bass sounds like it's in fair to poor condition and my SB is very close to mint.

Also, we all know values are pretty much in the toilet across the board nowadays. I'm not surprised it didn't get $800.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021