1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIJ Fender and Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Jun 5, 2005.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hearing all this talk of how MIJ Fenders are godly, i was just curious if anyone bought a MIJ Fender from Ebay? I was looking at a few auctions and most were from Appolon Music Shop. Just wondering if they were a good source because I never bought anything from Ebay. Theres a few Jazzes that are givin me the GAS.

2. Just my opinion & certainly not wanting to cost anyone an ebay sale but the CIJ Fenders from Appolon(sp) seem to be about $100 USD higher than if you bought directly from the retailer in Japan. For example, Ishibashi has a JB75B/90US jazz model for 72,000 Yen, that's about $668.00 USD as opposed to $760.00 USD from Ebay. Shipping seems a little high also but plan on about $100.00 for shipping.

3. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    i have bought 2 MIJ and 1 CIJ fenders off of ebay and all of them were awesome. unfortunately i need some money and space and im selling two of them on ebay right now. but to answer your question, in my experience, cant go wrong with japanese fenders. also the prices on them are low enough to where if something didnt work out you still arent investing a lot of money

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I have a MIJ fender Jazz...back when they made them. I bought it at a shop, not online.

I can't say anything about CIJ fenders...except they have a great reputation.