Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIJ Fender Jazz Silver Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I had the chance to play a 1994 MIJ Fender Jazz Silver Series today, but I really dunno the difference with a traditional MIJ series. I couldn´t find much info about this basses.

Is it better, limited, for export ?

Thanks

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Anyone ?
    :meh:

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I don't know a thing about em. Sorry.

4. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    A quick google search doesn't turn up much, except for a few minor things. The silver series instruments were produced in the early to mid 90's, though it seems a lot of them were made under the Squier name. They seem to be thought of as pretty high quality instruments. The silver series line apparently had upgraded hardware, including Gotoh tuners, and many of them featured special edition finishes.

Again, I just got this from some random Fender history sites, someone here probably knows more.

5. Not sure of the details, but the Silver series Squiers are meant to be a simillar spec to the old JV series I think, maybe with USA pickups and wiring? A friend of mine has a Silver series Stratocaster, and it plays superb, not as much output as my strat loaded with Texas Specials, but a lovely player.