1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIJ Fender MB-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrmr, Mar 17, 2009.

1. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Got my eye on one, guy wants $200, but I'm not sure about the value. Says its an early 90's MIJ MB-4 in good shape with a few scuffs and nicks.

I have no information from the bass itself like a serial number or anything.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to set something up to play it. I've read good things about this bass in the late 80's and early 90's - if its in good shape is $200 a fair price?

2. I had the 5er. Great base IMHO. I would have kept it if the string spacing wasn't so close :( $200 seems fair. If you buy it and don't like it, shoot me a PM :)

3. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    well, I kinda surprised/worried about the lack of responses. I was hoping to see some "Oh yea, those are great basses" but no one is really going there :)

I'll probably pass on it, guy has another potential buyer coming to check it out tomorrow and will call me if they don't get a sale.

4. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Just a follow-up to this - I played this bass last night at the guys house and was very pleasantly surprised. Its SUPER light and not a full 34" scale. Body is smaller than most basses. Neck is nice and thin, action on this bass was good and string spacing was very comfortable.

I'm buying it - I really didn't expect to like it, but it sounded good and played good and addressed my issues with my p-bass (neck thickness and string spacing).

I'll post up some pics once I pick it up tonight :)

5. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Picked it up last night - love the tone it has, just needs some new strings!

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]