1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale MIJ Fender Power Jazz Bass Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JacksonAerodyne, Jan 4, 2018.

1. JacksonAerodyne

JacksonAerodyne Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey all,

Making room on the wall for another bass and I'm reluctantly letting this one go. E series late 80s Fender Power Jazz Bass Special. Everything is original to the best of my knowledge. Right now it has DR Black Beauties on it that have probably 3 hours of playing time. I've never gigged with it and I bought it used here in 2011. It has some dings as you'd expect from a roughly 30 year old bass but no paint chips. I did the best I could (not even close to a professional photographer and it's overcast here in Boise) to show all of the dings. It's a great player and pretty light at 9lbs 1oz. All the switches and knobbies make for a very versatile sounding bass. Active pre-amp, TBX tone control. Price includes shipping.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    CaseyVancouver and tat2clod like this.
  2. tbx is original?

3. JacksonAerodyne

Aug 13, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Everything is original to the best of my knowledge, including the TBX. I haven't messed with anything since I got it.

4. StevieM

StevieM

May 10, 2016
    Logan, WV
    IIRC, this is from early in the run of these basses, due to it not having a skunk stripe running down the back of the neck. This model has been my main 4-string gigging bass (mine is black) every weekend since I purchased it new in '87. Excellent, excellent instruments. I've gigged my poor bass so often until it looks like it's been gigged within an inch of it's life. These are right up there with any US-Made Fender as I've ever came across. Worth every penny. GLWTS.

5. JacksonAerodyne

Aug 13, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Thanks, it's a great player and sounds good but I need to thin the herd. I'm trying to downsize.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The frets look very low in the picture. It could be the angle of the camera in relation to the fretboard. Can you give specifics about the frets (level? wear?, buzzing?, etc)? Thanks so much!

7. JacksonAerodyne

Aug 13, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I'm not an expert luthier so I'm not sure what can do to show you what you want. I can say there is some wear on the frets but I didn't feel any dips when I ran my finger along the frets. Oh, and zero buzzing unless you play hard which is an action adjustment. Here's some pics:
    IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0254.JPG IMG_0257.JPG

4th fret -> 2nd fret -> 1 &2 fret

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Quadzilla likes this.
  8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Awesome man! Thanks for the pics. I think that the angle of the other photo made it look very much like the frets we're very low. All good man! I'm still thinking about grabbing this!

9. JacksonAerodyne

Aug 13, 2011
    Boise, ID
    You may want to hurry, I just listed it on Reverb as well.

10. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Connecticut
    Off topic: Great looking GSD in your profile pics.

JacksonAerodyne likes this.