1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MIJ Ibanez Roadstar "p bass"-250$ shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. These are well known as great examples of MIJ craftsmanship. I used this bass with my band more then any other bass I owned and this was actually a back up bass for a friends band for years. I recused it from a pawn shop last september and removed some horribly placed stickers, and cleaned it up after a total tear down. If you know me I go through a ton of gear but this is one that has stayed in my stableas a loyal work horse. It has some bad memories behind it I dont really want to get into explaining but due to that I dont really want to keep the bass anymore, otherwise I would not ever sell it. The bass has dings and dents here and there, its been used a lot, however none really stand out, for example there ar eno huge chips in it. The neck on the back has real player wear and is broke in , you can see someones hand rub the finish smooth on the back and it feels fantastic. The body has yellowed over the years as well. The headstock has very little rash , but the face of it has some checking in the black paint around the tuner holes. The pickguard has a chunk broke off at the bottom so you have to watch when removing a cord. The bass has a fully functioning truss rod, the nut has a little bugger on it from where i looks like someone turned it to heavy but its very minor and a tool fits easy. That said the bass needs a set up , its playable as it with no fretting out but the action is high. Its a great bass, but factoring in all these minor things I have priced it at a great price, you wont touch a roadstar for less, unless the seller doesnt know what they have.

Comes with levy gig bag.

250$ Shipped CONUS-Fee Free Payment

033-4.

036-4.

035-4.

030-7.

031-5.

032-6.

037-4.

038-3.

034-4.

2. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Super bass. Great deal!

3. Thanks Joe its a sweet bass I haev had for a year and didnt plan to sell but stuff happens I guess

4. ttt this is literally the cheapest roadstar I have seen on here.

5. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    uhhhhh... still here? i am very tempted. I have owned two of these...worth 4x this price... these are MIJ!! come on, now!

i miss mine....

6. Yeah i am a tad suprised, there pretty solid basses

7. ttt, really? this is a killer deal.

8. Chico16

Chico16

Apr 2, 2012
    Yuma, Az
    Gotta say this is a really nice looking bass! I'm just not a fan of 4-strings... Or 1 pick ups. If it wasn't for that I'd be on it without a second thought!!

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    somebody gotsta buy this

10. Revvik

Revvik

Sep 6, 2012
    I might be interested in $250 shipped if you set it up. And let me in on the story.

11. What story?

As I said its playable, I dont mind the set up currently but someone prob wont. Set is all preference and one should expect to set up a bass to there liking upon purchase , thus I am leaving it as is-plus I think I am selling this for about $50 less then its worth-minus shipping and I am netting like $200 bucks for a nice bass/gig bag, at this price its take it or leave it.

12. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies!

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Do these sound very much like a p bass aside from looking like one?
    I've always been intrigued by these but have never played one.
    Thanks
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.