1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MIJ Jaguar Bass (BADASS II / D-Tuner / 8lbs!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DWest1981, Dec 15, 2016.

1. DWest1981

DWest1981 Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Price:
    Strings:
    JagFront2. JagHSFront. JagFBFront. JagBodyFront2. JagFront2. JagHSBack. JagCase. JagAccs.
    A fantastic MIJ Jag!

This was an early project of mine, looking for a good active bass with great sustain and some different funk to it. I'm mostly playing short scale these days and though I can't say anything bad about this instrument, it's time for it to go. The neck is lacquer-heavy but comfortable to play. There's a light patina on the chrome bits, and the electronics operate smoothly and quietly.

So this is what I did here:
    Replaced the stock tuning keys with Hipshot hardware, including the Drop-D tuner on the E string. To me it's an interesting toy, but not something I ever used with regularity. Even with the extra weight, the headstock is light and there's little to no droop with the thick shoulder straps I use.
    I had a custom pick guard manufactured and installed it. The original will come with the bass, protective plastic still on it.
    The pickup volume knobs are replaced with Hipshot products. The originals will come with the bass.
    The bridge is now a BADASS II unit, and my impression is that it really ads to the sustain of the instrument. The original bridge and strings will be included in the sale.
    The strap pins have been changed out for Dunlop Straplocks. If you like I can include a set of Fender strap pins with the bass, but I cannot be certain they are the originals to the bass.

All together this was a $1000+ investment that was unfortunately played very little after I started focusing on short scale instruments. Nearly all of the original equipment will be included with the bass, and NONE of the mods altered the structure of the instrument. If you like, you can restore it to original.

Comes with the hard case pictured.

The neck is straight, and I haven't needed to adjust the truss rod so I can not attest to how it functions. If you like, I can check on it for you.

Very importantly, the bass weighs around 7lbs 15oz by my digital kitchen scale - and that's WITH all the modified hardware weight.

Why am I getting rid of it?
    I'm between jobs at the moment and need to find better homes for the instruments that didn't make my every day list. My asking price is negotiable, mostly if certain parts are included or returned to stock.

Not looking for trades, sorry. Price may seem a little high, but it includes professional packing, shipping and insurance to the Continental US. As a prior service member, I am willing to discuss shipping to Alaska, Hawaii & FPO/APOs.

Thanks for taking the time to read through and comment!
    DW

RiZzBot, WSquires, Gorn and 3 others like this.
  2. WSquires

WSquires

Jun 11, 2015
    Calgary, Alberta
    Are you trying to get me divorced! Such a deal! GLWTS!

JusttheBassics likes this.
  3. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Hah! More or less trying to prevent the same thing here. Bills are in so toys must go, thanks!

DW

4. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a beautiful bass! I wish there was a tort pg on it. It would certainly be worth selling a kidney for.

5. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Hey, you're in luck! It comes with the original tort pick guard! It even has the plastic covering in case you're like me and really really like peeling the protective cover off these things.

Unfortunately for me I don't deal in body parts.

DW

bass08053 likes this.
  6. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    We had a guitarist that would leave the plastic on all of his gear. During rehearsal, we faced each other and I would often lose my place in a song because I couldn't keep myself from imagining slowly peeling it off.

In any case, good luck with the sale.

DWest1981 likes this.
  7. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Way too much information.

DWest1981 likes this.
  8. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Oh, well. At least it bumped your listing to the top for a bit.

9. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    It's not my listing, but yes.

10. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Hah, thanks! I appreciate it.

If anyone's interested, it's still for sale. If it doesn't go soon I'll about have to start trotting out members of my short scale collection.

As always, thanks for reading through and any comments.

DW

11. Edison Lo

Edison Lo

Feb 19, 2015
    Hey man, really random question, but would I be able to buy that Tort Pickguard off of you?

12. How much if without upgrade parts, and where in Florida. I live in the Orlando area.

13. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm just outside of Gainesville, an hour and forty-five minutes north of Altamonte Springs give or take.

I'll contact you via message to discuss removing parts, since that alone could fill a thread.

DW

14. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Hey folks, the Jaguar is still available. It's a great deal on a great instrument!

DW

15. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Let's give $650 shipped a try then.

16. DWest1981

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Sold and on its way to Maine!