1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIJ P bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Archon113, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Archon113

Archon113

Oct 21, 2004
    Does anyone have one of these? I have the oppurtunity to buy one but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I did a google search and could only find information on a Deluxe P bass Special, which is active, and I'm told the P Special is passive. Does anyone know anything about this bass? And does anyone have any pictures?

2. I think i played one of these in a store last week. Is it black with mirror pickguard and P/J pus?

If yes, the 10 minutes or so i played it, it was a decent bass with an okay sound. It was well worth the price (can't remember exaclty how much was it), but you'd be better of with an SX bass, i think.

3. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 2000 MIM P Bass Special. This is passive, newer models are active. For me this is a great bass for the $. If you are looking passive, these go for around $250-$300 used on ebay. It has a nice Jazz Bass Neck, great P Bass tone plus a J Bass bridge PU. It's a MIM so the frets, Bridge and finish are not as good as the MIA Fenders. I suggest playing the actual Bass you would be buying. (I also own a MIA Fender Jazz). I replaced the stock bridge with a BAII. It's the only ugrade this Bass needed.

Here are some pics:

P Bass Special