MIJ P bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Archon113, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Archon113

Oct 21, 2004
    Does anyone have one of these? I have the oppurtunity to buy one but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I did a google search and could only find information on a Deluxe P bass Special, which is active, and I'm told the P Special is passive. Does anyone know anything about this bass? And does anyone have any pictures?
  2. I think i played one of these in a store last week. Is it black with mirror pickguard and P/J pus?

If yes, the 10 minutes or so i played it, it was a decent bass with an okay sound. It was well worth the price (can't remember exaclty how much was it), but you'd be better of with an SX bass, i think.
  3. oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 2000 MIM P Bass Special. This is passive, newer models are active. For me this is a great bass for the $. If you are looking passive, these go for around $250-$300 used on ebay. It has a nice Jazz Bass Neck, great P Bass tone plus a J Bass bridge PU. It's a MIM so the frets, Bridge and finish are not as good as the MIA Fenders. I suggest playing the actual Bass you would be buying. (I also own a MIA Fender Jazz). I replaced the stock bridge with a BAII. It's the only ugrade this Bass needed.

Here are some pics:

P Bass Special