1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MIJ vintage Precision (P/J) body & neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by the art guy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Price:
    60/100
    MIJ Hondo II Professional neck and body: typical example of late '70s/early '80s Japanese Fender copy. (NOTE: body includes guard and bridge, neck includes all hardware. Anything else shown in pics not included.)

Body has been refinished amateurishly with an iridescent color (looks blue/purple/green depending on angle). Cool but not pro. Dings, scratches, etc. are plenty. Extra holes from different guard. Will include original bridge with ground wire. Will include black guard that fits if you want it, but it's been modded too (extra hole for pot, neck pocket shaved a bit). This was originally just a P bass but has been professionally routed for a Jazz pickup too (nice clean rout). This body is a great workhorse cheap project, but nothing special. $60 shipped to lower 48.

Neck is in great shape other than a few scratches. Some wear, but plays great. Truss rod works, feels very nice like a '70s Fender neck (B). Tuners work but are not fantastic. I would replace them if I were keeping it, though they're okay as is. $100 shipped to lower 48.

$150 for both pieces together. In the assembled pics below, you can see how the color shifts.

hondo5_zpsd8cg4fj1.

hondo3_zpsqv7w30nz.

hondoneck3_zps1skra6d8.

hondoneck1_zpsaqndak01.

hondobody1_zpsqhpacn4l.

2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    I'll tell ya: I'm really digging this thing. Definitely looks like fun.

3. pjb15

pjb15 Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Verona. NJ
    Hello, weight?

4. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Don't have the exact weight, but it's pretty light. I recall that the entire bass built up with hardware and everything was just over 8 lbs.

5. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    I just re-read my original description, and I'm not sure I did a good job emphasizing how much I like this neck (and the whole project bass). It feels and plays great all built up. Typical MIJ quality from this era.

6. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Ooohhhh like projects... Payday is coming...

7. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Still available....

8. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    I have an MIJ Lotus P copy that is essentially identical to this Hondo model, down to the headstock.

The neck is absolutely killer. I'm addicted to it!

9. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Still available bump.