1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MIK SQUIER JAZZ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowphatbass, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    This one has some bumps and bruises and a bit of wear, overall looks pretty sharp for it's age. The pickups and electronics have been changed, aside from that it looks stock to me. If you're looking for a pristine example then this is NOT the bass for you.

The best I can tell the neck pickup is an 80's MIJ and the bridge looks to be an aftermarket with oversized pole pieces, maybe a QP or something. I don't think the pickup routs are standard on this bass so these pickups have been "shoe-horned" into the stock covers.

The controls have been changed to Volume/Tone with a 3-way toggle(Neck Solo/Neck+Bridge/Bridge Solo), this set-up is out of an early 80's Aria Pro II, the two knobs are Fender. It's stuffed tight, but there's no additional routing.

Sets-up wonderfully, no shims, truss rod good. There's some fret wear but it doesn't effect playability whatsoever, lot's of fret left. Tuners are really smooth, bridge works perfectly. A few tuner mounting screws are missing.

Happy to answer any questions or provide additional pics.
    img0747ra. img0749wb.
    ***ASKING $225 SHIPPED***

***CONTINENTAL USA ONLY***

***WILL BE SHIPPED WITH NECK REMOVED***

***NO CASE/BAG***

***PAYPAL ONLY***

2. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    More pics-
    img0760m. img0757v.

3. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I've been getting some interesting trade offers so far on this, as well as the MIK Precision. I'm not ruling out any trades, but it would probably have to be something pretty interesting and probably not a Jazz.

Here's a shot without the pick guard, the vintage white finish has mellowed pretty nicely-
    img2255u. [/URL]

4. DudeWheresMy182

DudeWheresMy182

Jun 23, 2004
    Milwaukee
    Another fine example of why i wish i finished college already!

BEAUTY & A GREAT PRICE!

5. super tempting, but I can't afford to be selfish at this time of year. PLease sell this before tax time so the Wife doesn't get ticked off.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

:cool:

i'll take it !!
    incoming PM to you sir ...

7. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    ....On Hold Pending Payment....

8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member