Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ERIC31, Jul 24, 2002.

1. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I recently acquired a couple Classix Nouveaux LP's and 7"s and wondered what ever happenned to Mik Sweeny, the bassist. He has some pretty out there fretless playing. It sounds really cool to me.

I know this band was part of the New Romantic scene of early 80's in England. They look pretty cool and the music is interesting. Of course their best stuff is on the first LP (as usual).

2. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Wow. I've actually stumped everyone at TALKBASS.COM! I didn't think that was possible.

Somebody knows something about this guy. :D Especially you basists over there in the UK.
  3. Hi man, I know it's an ancient thread, but found it from a search for Mik Sweeney. Been listening to some Classix Nouveaux stuff myself recently and remembered how great those bass lines were. 'Is It A Dream' (the song that Madonna ripped off) features some really cool lines, and perfectly placed slides. Link below.

Mik went on to do solo stuff for a while, and then session work. Not heard anything for a good while now though, but yes, I agree with you, and feel that Mik deserves to be given recognition as an innovative bassist (yet another one) from the early 80s.