1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mike Arnopol Custom 15/5 cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Type-55, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Price:
    Up for sale is a mint Mike Arnopol custom 15 cab with a Faital 15FH500 woofer and a Faital M5N8-80
    mid driver. Made from Okoume light weight ply. The cab measures 17 3/4 wide, 24 tall, 14 deep. Has 4 ports on the back with plugs to help fine tune the sound.
    Weights approx 32 lbs. Has handles on sides and on top for easy move. Has a passive crossover so there is no hole in the sound, 8 ohm cab. Black duratex finish. Pics to come. Will split shipping to East of Mississippi.

MASgrill. MAS. MASback.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    5StringPocket likes this.
  2. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Pics are up

jondiener likes this.
  3. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Gold Supporting Member

What's the power rating for the cab? 400W?

Thanks.

4. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Specs say 500 to 1000 max.

5. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Nice cab! I've heard nothing but good about Mike's builds.

Obelix and Type-55 like this.
  6. Can you tell us more about the cab, what it's similar to, etc? With the plugs it looks like its borrowing from Dukes cabs a bit. Or is it more like a Fearfull 15/5 type?

7. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    I will try to give a sonic impression of the cab.
    I have never heard an fearful or fearless cab. This cab is very smooth and even sounding.
    The low end is tight and has good definition. The Faital 5" mid driver is not harsh and adds a nice airy feeling. The plugs on the back allow you to tune the low end between a more open low end to a tighter low end. The Faital 15FH500 has a very even midrange. No honk or gank. The cab will sound like you put into it.
    I hope this helps. Tone is very subjective.

8. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Just curious...can you see the back of the mid driver when you look in the top left port or is the driver in its own enclosure.

9. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    In it's own enclosure.

10. Obelix

Obelix

Feb 23, 2006
    8 or 4 ohm ?

11. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000