1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Browne Design Gnome 5 #006

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jobu3, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It pains me to do this since it's such a stunning instrument to play and look at but here goes:

From the original thread with some of my own thoughts:
    This is a "like new" (with the exception of one small ding) never gigged Mike Browne MBD series bass, no longer made this is #006. Browne worked/learned under Carl Thompson.

Bocate Top Slim Mahogany Body
    34.5 inch scale (the way the bass hangs you would not know the scale length, it is very comfy to wear, easy reaching to the lower frets) Nordstrand Big Singles (although there is no hum whatsoever when either p-up is soloed)
    Aguilar OBP-3 (18v)
    Hipshot A adjustable bridge
    Hipshot tuners
    Weight is about 8 lbs... Maybe a touch less. I can't find my shipping scale so I'm going by bathroom scale.

It's in great shape with one small ding that was there when it arrived at my doorstep. Plays and sounds great. Beautiful craftmanship. Easy to play... Action and playability are perfect. I just want to try a Sadowsky so it's time to move on.

I'm thinking $2400 shipped to the 48 OBO.

Trades? Lightweight Sadwosky Metro or Lakland Skyline 5's +cash depending on the deal. LEJ's.. All must be a 5'er with a great b-string.

i'm about to run out to eat with the family but I will get more pix up tonight.

here is the original thread to get you started:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628455&highlight=

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Lakland trades must have Lakland or Chisonic electronics. At the moment, I'm not interested in bartolini set-ups.

Measurements at the nut and 24th fret are 1-7/8" and 3"

Attached Files:

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    More pix:

Attached Files:

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The close-up is of the ding. It is really small.

Attached Files:

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Browne bass bump.

Trade pending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.