Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Browne's new design (NAMM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhuffguitars, Oct 25, 2003.

1. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I know when a few of you saw his first design you said it was too radical...

I just thought I would share that he has a more simple design coming out in time for NAMM. He will need to explain the multi-wood layout.

http://www.brownebasses.com/gallery.html

http://www.brownebasses.com/namm.html
    If you are attending NAMM this year be sure to stop by the Nordstrand/Huff/Browne booth to give our basses a spin!:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Very Cool Darrin! (though one yet to be determend bass hardly makes for announcement ;) ) I dig the look of Mike's first design.

I won't be making the winter show (I am dieing to try out one of your basses!... one of Mike's too). If y'all have a booth in Nashville this coming summer I'll be stopping in hopefully.

But definately swing by Chris Benavente's booth, He's gonna have the 6 string 51 style fretless I've got on order among his winter collection :cool:

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i like it too...i dig his take on carl thompson's upper scroll design....really cool. you can definitely see the influence, but it's still original.

4. Yhea, I'd love to go to a namm show one of these days, so many cool things to see and hear. I could even bring my 6-er for Mike to display/demo. Alas, I don't think I have the time or cordination to take a trip like that. Good luck to all three of you though, hopefully you'll come back with lots of people beating down your door wanting orders.
    Andrew

5. Wow, I can not wait to see that. I'm gassin' for a 51' style 6 string myself. If only I could find some one to build one for me... ::cough, Darrin, cough, cough:: :D

6. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Is he going to keep the cloverleafs-in-line look for the 6 like on the 5? That headstock would need its own case!

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D or at least it's own stage :bassist:

Chris is going to surprise us. Brian and I have talked 5+1 and 4+2... but it will keep the Tele feel to it.

Ummmm.... The 5 and 6 string 51 are standard models of Chris'. Mine just happens to be the first :cool: I'll definately be liberal with the photos when I get it ;)

Give Brian Barrett a ring or any of the other dealers even.