Mike Browne's new design (NAMM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhuffguitars, Oct 25, 2003.

1. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    I know when a few of you saw his first design you said it was too radical...

I just thought I would share that he has a more simple design coming out in time for NAMM. He will need to explain the multi-wood layout.

If you are attending NAMM this year be sure to stop by the Nordstrand/Huff/Browne booth to give our basses a spin!:
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Very Cool Darrin! (though one yet to be determend bass hardly makes for announcement ;) ) I dig the look of Mike's first design.

I won't be making the winter show (I am dieing to try out one of your basses!... one of Mike's too). If y'all have a booth in Nashville this coming summer I'll be stopping in hopefully.

But definately swing by Chris Benavente's booth, He's gonna have the 6 string 51 style fretless I've got on order among his winter collection :cool:
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i like it too...i dig his take on carl thompson's upper scroll design....really cool. you can definitely see the influence, but it's still original.
  4. Yhea, I'd love to go to a namm show one of these days, so many cool things to see and hear. I could even bring my 6-er for Mike to display/demo. Alas, I don't think I have the time or cordination to take a trip like that. Good luck to all three of you though, hopefully you'll come back with lots of people beating down your door wanting orders.
  5. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Southborough, MA
    Wow, I can not wait to see that. I'm gassin' for a 51' style 6 string myself. If only I could find some one to build one for me... ::cough, Darrin, cough, cough:: :D
  6. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Is he going to keep the cloverleafs-in-line look for the 6 like on the 5? That headstock would need its own case!
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D or at least it's own stage :bassist:

Chris is going to surprise us. Brian and I have talked 5+1 and 4+2... but it will keep the Tele feel to it.

Ummmm.... The 5 and 6 string 51 are standard models of Chris'. Mine just happens to be the first :cool: I'll definately be liberal with the photos when I get it ;)

Give Brian Barrett a ring or any of the other dealers even.