Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mike clark,paul jackson,marc wagnon

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by narud, Mar 27, 2002.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    this cd must have totally flown under my radar. yesterday i went in to the record store to see if they had any lost tribe on cd so i could replace my worn out tapes and i find in the used section a cd of-
    mike clark,paul jackson,mark wagnon,dave,fiuczynski, and a 3 piece horn section.

the tunes written by wagnon sound kind of like tunnels but the tunes written by everyone else are where the cd shines. i really dig it but im a sucker for clark and jackson. worth the 5 bucks for sure. its really great liking this kind of music because everyone else hates it. they once had this andrea marcelli cd with allan holdsworth and gary willis that audiophile imports was selling for 25 bucks because it was out of print in the free section. snagged that one up right quick

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I picked up Conjunctiom when it came out, but I heard about it because of the Fiuczynski connection. It reminds me of Tunnels, but with a groove section. One thing that bothers me a little on the Tunnels releases is the mix.......very thin sounding to me.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...maybe 1 or 2 cuts did it for me on Conjuction(honestly, I was expecting a little more).

Narud-
    If you're into Lost Tribe, check out Fima Ephron's 'solo' disc, Soul Machine(David Binney & Adam Rogers are on the cd).
    Also, Ephron's other project, Hasidic New Wave w/ 'Fuse'.
    ...in any event, you have lucked into a couple of steals(a 'free section' on a Music Store! Wow).