Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Jul 14, 2005.

1. I just saw COC for the second time last night. What do you guys think of Dean? He seems quite proficient to me, but seems to always get buried in the mix.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    He sounds pretty good on America's Volume Dealer (My only reference point) he's a little buried, but he cuts through from time to time. That album has varying degrees of production. Congratulations Song sounds nothing like the rest of the album, for example. And in one song (I forget which) the drums are LOUD... like I don't know how they didn't catch this if/when the album was mastered. Because other than that, it sounds pretty pro.

I love his playing on Diablo Ave. Very low down and funky.
  3. If bass playing is Martial Arts , the Mike Dean is equal to an ass kicking Chuck Norris. :bassist:
  4. Mmhmm.

Since, uh, you didn't just steal that from Jimmy Hubbard's Metalerosion colum from Bass Guitar Magazine.

5. Now you must die!

Attached Files:

6. Ive got Wiseblood, And on that cd you can hear him pretty good, Atleast when you have good headphones, or sound system. My fav's on that cd are the title track, King of the Rotten, Bottom Feeder, Goodbye Windows, And Fuel. I think hes a good bassist, I like the little "fills" he does on this cd.
  7. Great bassist, listen to "Animosity" up to "In the arms of God"

also great playing on SNAKE NATION!!!