Mike Dimin featured in Bassics

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by maxvalentino, Jul 27, 2002.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Just thought I might send a post on the current issue of Bassics magazine. It features an article on our very own Mike Dimin (ok..ok..I did write it, but still....), and a fantastic lesson by Mike on his chordal style with a transcription of "The Shadow Of Your Smile". Mike's recorded version of that tune is included in the CD which comes with each issue!
    A good read...a GREAT lesson, and a must have for all! I believe copies can be ordered from the Bassics website, if ya can't find one at yer local Borders....
  2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    ..and I would add that if you ever need an article written about you - have Max do it. He certainly made me feel giddy all over with his overly kind words. It was an honor to be included in the magazine and on the compilation CD that comes with each issue. I can say that I'm on the same CD as John Paul Jones, John B. Williams, Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and more.

I'll actually be hanging a bit with Robben Ford next week (while I'm teaching at the National Summer Guitar Workshop). I am really hoping to get to play with him - now THAT would be cool

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i got the mag (thanks Mike!)...

a must read!