Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Dimin's New CD

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bassist4Life, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Paul,
    Mike Dimin; one of our resident pros, recently released a new CD. Is there a chance that he might be featured or interviewed on TB for his new release?

Joe

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Why don't you review it?

Me

3. Flatwoundround

Flatwoundround

May 18, 2014
    Hi Mike,

I love the chord melody concept that you outline on bass. I am strictly a 4 stringer and have no desire to move to 5. Given this limitation can I still do a good amount of chord melody on bass? I assume I can and if so do you have any specific DVD materials that teaches the 4 string player how to play chord melody? I think a few of your videos on youtube work for the 4 string but I would love to take a more formal approach to this if you have any materials I can start out with. I just love the concept that we bass players can sound like complete music much like the guitarists and piano players.

Thanks much.

Mike Dimin likes this.
  4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks for reaching out.
    For the longest time, I only played the chord melody on standard 4 string. My first Book, "The Chordal Approach" was written for 4 string players. Although the book is out of print, it is available for $5.00 (US) as a .pdf file. Here is a link to my store: The Store of Michael Dimin About 1/3 of the way down you'll find the link. I'm also available for lessons, on line

5. Flatwoundround

Flatwoundround

May 18, 2014

Perfect, thanks. I will order the pdf and study and then might take a few lessons after that. Thanks again for your help on this.

6. Flatwoundround

Flatwoundround

May 18, 2014

I just ordered the chordal approach. Very excited to learn this aspect of bass playing.

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    My pleasure!