Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike dirnt bass black scratchplate

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Jan 11, 2006.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    I have another mike dirnt sig on the way but this time in vintage white. i am looking to put a black scratchplate on to it. Does anyone know of any sites where I can buy them online from the uk? any other info towards which scratchplate would fit would be great thanks

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
  4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Neither me thinks. Definately not the tele bass humbucker though. The regular Tele may or may not work, but I doubt the screwholes will line up.

Send off your pickguard, it's the only way to ensure an exact fit. And yes, you can play your bass without it, you won't do much damage with even the most abusive style in the two weeks without it.

5. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    cheers for the replies, iv sent them an email. ill search around to see if i can find anywhere. I would send it off but i have been waiting for it to arrive in the shop for over a month and a half (unlike last time which took 2 weeks) but like i said ill have a look around first before i close off any options

6. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland