Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Dirnt or Mark Hoppus

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric##1, Jul 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric##1

eric##1

Jun 24, 2000
    Who do you think is better? I think that Dirnt is better but I also like Mark, he is one of my favorite bassist but Dirnt is in my favorite band Green Day [​IMG]

2. JLeeFJ

JLeeFJ

Apr 5, 2000
    Easy call: Dirnt. He's much more adventurous, more musically talented, and just more fun to listen to. Hoppus has only one thing over him: he can sing. I don't really think either one is particularly great, but I do enjoy listening to them.

------------------
    "We told you before, but you didn't hear us then. So, you still question why! You didn't listen again!" -Rush

3. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JLeeFJ:
    Hoppus has only one thing over him: he can sing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Listen to the Green Day records.. Dirnt can sing. Not lead, but he does great backup harmonies. I love his playing too.. simple, solid, and melodic.

4. Dirnt cuz his bass lines are more complicated than "2-2-2-2-0-0-0-0". And I dont like Blink 182 anyway.

5. dirnt any day. when i come around! longview! no contest.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Mike is the best!!

and live is awesome too and so fun to play along cd´s.

7. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey,
    I like Blink, but mark is not exactly what i would consider a great bassist. unless you consider pumping 8th notes great of course. Don't get me wrong, it fits the music, but its not great.
    -woody

8. tyson

tyson

Feb 9, 2000
    Dallas, TX
    Mark would never call himself a good bassists. So you have to go with Mike. They're both fun though.

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Gee, it's freaking dejevu. seems like this has been asked, i don't know, about a MILLION times. But mike. he's good. real good. freaking fan tastic.

10. I was thinking the same thing...there really is not contest considering that Mark does not have much to show in the bass department. The most you can say is that he's a singer who plays bass.

11. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I see in my crystal ball that this thread is not going to last too much........

Dirnt, by the way!!:D :cool:

12. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Originally posted by PollyBass
    Gee, it's freaking dejevu. seems like this has been asked, i don't know, about a MILLION times. But mike. he's good. real good. freaking fan tastic.

This has been brought up alot, and each time its been closed because they turned into a bashing contest.

This one will be closed at they very 1st insult to either bassist, so consider it you're only warning.

13. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Preach it brotha Cass! It's hammer time. :D What's so hard about being civil? Hmm...when your membership is on the line, nothing. Have a nice day.

:)

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this thread is like very old

15. Tyson totally revived it. Kudos, tyson.

By the way, Dirnt is much fun to listen to, as he actually is aware that there is such things as passing notes, plus longview is just cool.

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    mike is better...end of story

bp13

17. mykeindk

mykeindk

Nov 18, 2002
    california
    I dislike both bass players

mark has those unreal bass solos :rolleyes:

i say you go to your local dealer and play with as many bass's, your intrested in then find the one you like and buy it.

18. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    What the hell does this thread have to do with buying a bass?

19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    My warning?:confused: or other peoples? oh, i got ya. yeah, it makes sense.

20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey cass, don't close the thread based on this post, seeing as how he really doesnt know what he's talking about.... no really, i mean, he thought it was a bass buying thread... i don't mean any disrespect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.