Mike Dirnt Signature P-Bass... wow.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Thats all I can say... wow.

I was at GC last weekend, and they finally had a mike dirnt low enough for me to reach. I plug it into a GK1001 and a GK 410.

This thing doesnt have growl, at all... in fact, it has no growl.

This thing ROARS! It was easily the beefiest passive bass I have ever played.

I want one.
  2. Does it roar when you pluck, or just with a pick? Because it seems like the ultimate pick-bass.
  3. I've always been a fan of Mike's tone. Like lots of bassists my age Longview was the first song I learned. I haven't played one yet, might head out to Long & Mcquaide today or tomorrow, they have one there I would like to try. I am also curious how the fingerstyle tone is on it. I would probably never buy it, but just curious if it really nails that Mike Dirnt tone.
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Through the GK, i was playing finger... I didn't have a good pick on me, i had some really thick POS... I'll go in and try it with a .88.. im sure it is still awsome, though.
  5. dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    Does Anybody Know Where the Hell Qly White Dirnt's Can Be found?
  6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I really dig the look (of the white ones) and on paper, it sounds good...but when I actually played one, the neck felt kinda cheap, and the tne just sounded...soulless. That sort of long-dead split coil tone you get sometimes. Maybe I just played a dud.
  7. Quest

Mar 22, 2004
    I don't think you'd be able to get an Oly. White Mike Dirnt P-Bass. They only have Vintage White, Black, and a Sunburst.

Anyway, I thought the Mike Dirnt P-Bass sounded great, however, the neck is a little too thick for my liking. I'll stick other P-Basses.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Vintage White can be found, but black is the most popular color. I've played one or two and I've found them to be very inconsistent. Some are utter garbage and some are pretty great basses. I'd like to get a sunburst one eventually.
  9. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'd like to play one, they seem like a nice little workhorse P-bass.

Glad to have you back, Tim, how was Habitat?
  10. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Since they have been out to this day I have not seen a sunburst Dirnt, and the only white one I saw was guess where.....Rondo Music.
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Was awesome, put some finishing touches on a house, and the family can move in in a week.
  12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Toledo GC had a vintage white one last time I was there.
  13. dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    I guess Stars Sell Their Signature Basses But Don't Offer the Colours That They Are Using So that itll make their bass Unique...
    Mike Dirnt Sig-Oly White
    Mark Hoppus Sig-Pink
  14. I have a Mike Dirnt P bass lieing around. Worked great for my HS jazz band, cut through VERY well. At this point though, its either going to become scrap bass parts, or possibly the 'bay. Not quite sure. I love it to death, but I find myself playing my fretless P much more.