1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mike Dirnt w/SIT Power Flats!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by staurosjohn, Feb 8, 2015.

1. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Used this (mini-rig) set-up at church tonite... new strings... (SIT Power Flats SS)- PERFECT strings for this bass! GK MB200 (scooped mids) with Aguilar GS-112... be-utiful tone!! :)
    image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah SIT seems to have a bad rep but they came stock on one of my guitars and I think they're great. Sweet a$$ rig man

staurosjohn likes this.
  3. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    ... prolly goes in amps forum- but just wanted to continue this thread... excited to find out that my GK MB200 fits in my MONO Tick!
    image.jpg

4. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Do they really? I love SIT PowerWound Nickels. They are a great price, too!

5. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm just going by what I've read around online, never tried their bass strings, but I really liked the set one of my guitars came with. Plus the they were having some kind of promotion at the time and I got a free set for entering a code and filling out a survey, Ernie and Dean never did that for me.

6. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Gotcha. That's cool that you got a free set! Yeah, lots of companies wouldn't do that. I'll have to try their guitar strings sometime soon. You might wanna try some of the PowerWound bass strings some time. You can get a 4 string set for around 15-19 bucks, depending on where you buy from.

7. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    Nice, I'll definitely keep them in mind.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021