Mike Dirnt

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 26, 2001.

Mike Dirnt: Master or Poser

Poll closed Aug 31, 2001.
  1. Master(in his genre)

3 vote(s)
  2. He's excellent

5 vote(s)
  3. He's GREAT

2 vote(s)
  4. He's good

3 vote(s)
  5. He's ok

6 vote(s)

0 vote(s)
  7. I hate polls.

3 vote(s)
  8. this poll is not needed and should be closed asap

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    What does everyone think of Mike Dirnt, from Green Day? Keep in mind that most bassists of his genre just follow the guitar.
  2. we have bashed mike dirnt and mark hoppus a lot in the past, and i think everyone has gotten sick of talking about either of them
  3. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Hehe remember dirntdisiple, hoppusdisiple, and dirnthoppus?
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, he is a master in the punk genre. if you want to call them punk, and i will. some of his stuff is pretty hard really. hes not always just strumming out roots like other bassists in his genre.
  5. I like his fills, but he's not great or anything.
  6. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Personally, I think he's a perfect fit for Green Day. I feel the same way about Greg K and the Offspring. They do their jobs and they do them well.
  7. longview was the first ever song i learnt to play on bass. and since then i've always loved GD and Mikes bass lines, some of them are still quite tricky but sound great. He's perfect for the GD type of music. I think it's great that he extends the "punk" from the usual three or four chords, a dirty guitar and lazy bass line. I picked excellent.
  8. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i hate polls and this poll is not needed and should be closed asap. Can a moderator add one vote to "this poll is not needed and should be closed asap" for me?
  9. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Yeah that was added after I voted, so give that close poll thing another vote. :D
  10. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I really abuse those features sometimes...
  11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.