Mike Gordon and Phish

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just got back from Vegas a couple days ago. I'm happy to report that Phish is in top form again. We got to see all three nights! The first night was sort of weak IMO but the last 2 nights rocked. Cactus was slappin' and slidin' all over that Modulus. Dare I say, best 5-stringer out there? They busted out the trampolines for YEM and even did the Meatstick dance (complete with Japanese lyrics). Oh, and Fishman "played" a glow in the dark "musical dress" - no kidding. Good times. Go Gordo!
  2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

In all of the excitement I guess you forgot what forum you were posting in? Sorry, Wonka didn't mean to be a jerk.

You know, I never really got into Phish, but I bet they are awesome live.
  3. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Nice! i saw the set list for those shows and heard night 2 and 3 killed. I'll agree that phish has been putting on some nice shows lately. I saw them in albany (12-1-03) and it was freaking awesome.

Gordon rules. I love his lines and how he jams. All in all, phish is a great band.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    There is no best at anything.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You've never seen me play badmitton.
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'm sure it is magnificent. :D
  7. Bass of Galt

Bass of Galt Guest

Mar 25, 2004
    Scrotillia Falls
    everytime trey opens his mouth to sing - I'm gone.

What is it with these guys? Why must they torture people like that? I want to listen - I want to like them - and then they sing. :confused:
  8. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    By the way, anyone know what the effect Gordon uses a lot is? It sounds like an envelope filter, but what kind is it and is there anything else he uses? he uses this effect especially this year a lot, just wondering if anyone knew what it was.

Gordon rules, good to see some other phans on the board.
  9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yes, I agree.
  10. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    he uses a flanger when he slaps sometimes....weekapaug is common ground for this
  11. I thought I read somewhere on www.phish.net that he was using a Lovetone Meatball. I'll check again to see if I am right. I believe he used a Doctor Q before he got the Meatball. I have heard of a recording out there where Fishman can be heard calling for the "Dr.Q!"