Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Gordon at Bonnaroo

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    He's playing with Ramble Dove!
    Haha, you might remember in Outside Out/Inside In whatever that movie was called - where he played 'Mike Gizzard' lead guitarist for Ramble Dove. Now he's forming the real band, what a character. Gonna be a twang fest...

MIKE & RAMBLE DOVE STORM BONNAROO 2006.02.01

As Carl Perkins once sang, "let's give ol' Tennessee credit for music." From the whiskey-soaked wee hours of Burlington, Vermont's Radio Bean Cafe flies Ramble Dove. What began as a weekly hang paying homage to honky-tonk music, capturing the essence of dancing, drinking and losing the one you love, now makes its way to the backyard of Nashville, country music's capital city.

Mike and a handful of Vermont's finest twangers will take the cozy confines of Honky Tonk Tuesdays to the big stage at 2006 Bonnaroo, where they will pay tribute to giants like Hank Williams, Lefty Frizell, and George Jones, as well as modern greats like Jim Lauderdale and Gram Parsons. Have beers and get ready for twang and tears.

Tickets for the 2006 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will go on sale Saturday, February 11, at 10:00 AM Eastern Time at Bonnaroo.com. Additional performers include Radiohead, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Stephen Malkmus, Beck, Dr. John, Gomez, Son Volt, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Bill Frisell, Seu Jorge, Dungen, Shooter Jennings, Grace Potter, Jerry Douglas and more.

2. that sounds pretty cool!
    i like mike gordon, and i'd love to go to bonnaroo, but its too expensive for me!

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

I almost can't believe he's not playing with Kottke. I agree though, that fest is just out of control now - getting worse every year and not even worth it. IMO High Sierra is still the best Fest in the country.

4. Bonnaroo = MEGABUCKAROOS (for those involved on the business end of things)

I have to find out which Vermonters shall be a-'twangin'!