mike gordon /down wit disese

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by phatphillss, Nov 2, 2005.

1. i just curios what is mike using during this song. a flange/ phase ???? its a pure liquid sound.
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    used to be his ADA preamp...he's not playing that song too much these days, haha. Killer intro though, eh? For mere mortals the old Boss BF-2 should get you pretty close.

"ADA preamps are damn expensive but sound oh-so-good. (I don't know what this means, but the only settings I've seen Mike have it on are 121, 125, and 126...but I remember from Buffalo this year that he had it set on 126 during Down with Disease)."
    this is a little excerpt from this page...

I'm sure it hasn't been updated in years but it should give you some other good info on his basses & effects, etc.

Down with disease and I'm up before the dawn,
    A thousand redwood children outside
    dancin' on my lawn :bassist:
    This is the only Phish song that they made a music video for. Mike directed it of course and it aired all of 1 time I think on Beavis & Butthead. It's hilarious - they're in scuba gear in this little 'aquarium' and Trey's old dog Marley is even in it briefly...
  3. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005

I have the ADA MB-1, I don't use it anymore... I use a Navigator now. On the ADA MB-1 any setting over around 86 or so is a user preset(can't remember exactly how many presets there are on it, it has been a while since I've used it). So what Mike is using is a preprogrammed tone modded by Mike himself so the number really doesn't tell you much. One thing I did learn is that he was a fan of the Wooten 'Sinister Minister' preset(which sounds great). The Wooten setting + a Q5 + an EBS OctaBass pretty much got that tone for me.