1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mike Gordon Early Equipment

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by brogandutcher, Aug 8, 2012.

1. brogandutcher

brogandutcher Commercial User

Apr 26, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    For all those MG fans out there!! Ive been watching some early Phish Bootlegs (late 80s and early 90s) and some of his gear is seems to be unidentifiable by my knowledge. :help:

I know he used:

G and L L2000 Bass

2 cabinets made by Paul Languedoc with 18 inch speakers and another with 2x10 inch speakers

Crest Power Amp

Numerous effects (not as many as he has now!)

Please help us MG enthusiasts identify the rest of his rig (Preamps, Effects, Processors, etc.)

Links:

funkybassplayer likes this.
  2. winston

winston

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    First time I saw Phish was @ LoungeAx (small indie club) in Chicago, late 1990. They opened up for Alex Chilton, got shut down after the 4th encore...

That night Mike used his maple-topped Languedoc 5 string with EMG J pickups (pre-Morch). He played through a Yamaha PB-1 preamp and dbx 163x compressor, into a power amp and the 2-1x18 and 2x10 cabs. The whole band sounded great! Just a couple years later they were headlining theaters in the same area, and just got bigger from there.

funkybassplayer likes this.