Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Gordon jams on guitar!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just downloaded the L. Cool Trio show from 1/1/05. Stupid, stupid, stupid name - I know. It's Marc Brownstein on bass (Disco Biscuits) who usually sucks - but he surprised me, he played quite well on this night - he's got that techno/dub sound down I'll give him that much. Jamie Shields on spacey keys (the New Deal) and Joe frickin' Russo on drums from The Duo (hottest drummer out there if you ask me). They did the first set of just that, then 2nd set...Mike Gordon shows up with one of Trey's Languedocs!!! Trey was even there and said something really quickly. So the moral of the story is that Mike Gordon is extremely funky on the bass and the guitar! He was using some nasty envelope filters (anybody tried a Meatball on guitar?) and he was grooving away. This is a must listen for all Gordo fans! At times he did get a little "lost" but wow - I've seen and heard him play g&*tar a few times before but nothing like this. :bassist:

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Buy or rent the live in vegas dvd! Very good footage and mike plays guitar on the first song! They all swapped for the first tune! I think trey was playing keys and the drummer was playing bass! Kinda looked like one of those days that youre monitors go out on ya during a live gig! They all looked very very nervous! :eyebrow:

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Mike just jams period. haha. Isnt that his langedouc, i ithnk he played it at a phish show a couple years ago too. it looks really nice in sunburst. He also plays guitar and keyboards on his solo album i inthk.