1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mike Inez Tone with a VT Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DONZI97, Apr 22, 2010.

1. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    anybody get close to Inez's grind tone with a VT bass pedal? I have Fender P with rounds, VT, LMII into a 115, can't quite find the right settings. Any Ideas? Seen them live a month ago, and love that tone.

heres an example

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Im a big Alice fan. I think you may need to add a outboard preamp to your chain though. Mike does use active Warwicks, so that may get you closer to that sound.

3. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Yeah, I figure he gets a lot of that growl from the Warwicks, I am thinking about adding a Stingray to my arsenal, that might help.

4. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I used to get a Inez tone with spector euro 4 with an aguilar pre and emg pus and a carvin rl1000 4x10 1x18, I think the bass and pickups make up 90% of it IMO. Great tone though, good luck on your quest:)

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I play a Stingray. It sounds nothing like a Warwick though.

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Active bass, SVT 2 pro and a couple Ampeg 8X10 cabs. SansAmp RBI will get you right in there, I don't know about the VT pedal, but I'd imagine it will do it.

7. BillySid

BillySid Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Weatherford, TX
    Stainless Steel strings too.

8. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Blue Steels, which I recently discovered are the best strings ever invented. lol

9. Richard G

Richard G

Jun 16, 2009
    I love Blue Steels!...tooooo!

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    vt can do anything ampeg. so absolutely it can, though i imagine the bass has a little something to do with it. and of course, having mike's fingers helps a lot.

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Spector or Streamer into Ampeg, done.