Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Inez

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by reveille_509, Sep 30, 2000.

1. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    Does Mike Inez still play with OZZY? It would a shame if the man responsible for the bassline in NO MORE TEARS was booted or quit. I would also like to know your favorite Inez bassline. (with OZZY or Alice In Chains)

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Did Mike play "No More Tears"? I always thought Bob Daisley played on that disc and that Mike was in the touring band. Anyway, favorite Mike Inez Bass lines Would have to be anything from "Jar Of Flies" by AIC.

3. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    I always thought Daisly was on the CD but Then I saw some footage of mike in studio recording mamma im comin home.
    Im not really sure but i just say its mike on the CD since he toured with the band

4. both Mike Inez and Bob Daisley played on "No more tears". I don't know if Mike ever toured with Ozzy because I never got a chance to see Ozzy during that period. I know Ozzy's most recent bassist was Robert Trujillo of Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves. He does a great show...He spins..very fast! I believe Mike's collaboration with Ozzy was never meant to be permanent...Because he was still playing with Alice in Chains. I know Geezer Butler's line on "Perry Mason" totally rocks, though. <p>
    I hope Ozzy's involvement with Black Sabbath doesn't stop him from making any more Ozzy records. The sabbath reunion sounds kind of canned. They can never get that great 70's sound back! I have seen the Sabbath reunion in concert and I was totally bummed. It sounded too...fake. I miss Ozzy!

5. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    I believe Robert Trujillo, former Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves bassist, is playing with Ozzy now. I could be wrong though. I haven't followed Ozzy in years. LOL

6. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    Disreguard my previous post. I didn't see CROZ's post before mine.