Mike Inez's Warwick Streamer LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I think this sound is the balls in Alice I Chains!
    I do believe he is detuned to a C#,F#,B,E. Or maybe just the top string. Anyway, the 5 string version has soapbar pups and the 4 string that Mike uses has jazz and Pbass pups. I wonder if the 5 string can cop THAT sound.:cool:

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    C#? Damn...I hope that's at least a B string. I myself am looking for a heavy string set for CFBE

And I know Juago-XIII (or some numeral) has a bass tuned like that with a string that's like .190 fromm Dean Markley...

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Again, Jauqo's bass is C# an octave lower than what RockBobby is probably talking about. :)

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    oh. My bad. I'm still looking at a four in Open C (Everything down two full steps)

C#F#BE--That's what, Ebbb Abbb Dbbbb Gbbbb?

Odd tuning, having D and G lower than E and A...

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hmm, no those would all be 'bbb', it's just EADG tuned down a minor third (or m3 and octave for Jauqo :) )

Anyway ... kinda hijacked the thread ...

RockBobby: I think the soapbars could probably sound pretty close to the P-J setup, since soapbars can be setup like a P or J internally. There are a number of basses that have P-J setups but soapbars for the 6-string versions (eg Warwick Thumb), and I've never read anything about the 6 sounding vastly different than the 4 or 5.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hijacked it is right...

Hmn..I though D and G down two steps was B and E, not one and a half. Oh well. Learn something new everyday...

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    C#-D-D#-E
    F#-G-G#-A
    B-C-C#-D
    E-F-F#-G

:D

8. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I am talking about a whole step up from low B, or Db if you will. I am not sure, just when I play AIC, I am at C# and Eb a lot. I don't know if he tunes the rest F#,B,E or not. But it must be a B string or BEAD from a 5 set.
    My question is about the bass however. Anyone tried one?:cool: