Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Inez's Warwick Streamer LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I think this sound is the balls in Alice I Chains!
    I do believe he is detuned to a C#,F#,B,E. Or maybe just the top string. Anyway, the 5 string version has soapbar pups and the 4 string that Mike uses has jazz and Pbass pups. I wonder if the 5 string can cop THAT sound.:cool:

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    C#? Damn...I hope that's at least a B string. I myself am looking for a heavy string set for CFBE

And I know Juago-XIII (or some numeral) has a bass tuned like that with a string that's like .190 fromm Dean Markley...

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Again, Jauqo's bass is C# an octave lower than what RockBobby is probably talking about. :)

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    oh. My bad. I'm still looking at a four in Open C (Everything down two full steps)

C#F#BE--That's what, Ebbb Abbb Dbbbb Gbbbb?

Odd tuning, having D and G lower than E and A...

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hmm, no those would all be 'bbb', it's just EADG tuned down a minor third (or m3 and octave for Jauqo :) )

Anyway ... kinda hijacked the thread ...

RockBobby: I think the soapbars could probably sound pretty close to the P-J setup, since soapbars can be setup like a P or J internally. There are a number of basses that have P-J setups but soapbars for the 6-string versions (eg Warwick Thumb), and I've never read anything about the 6 sounding vastly different than the 4 or 5.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hijacked it is right...

Hmn..I though D and G down two steps was B and E, not one and a half. Oh well. Learn something new everyday...

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    C#-D-D#-E
    F#-G-G#-A
    B-C-C#-D
    E-F-F#-G

:D

8. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I am talking about a whole step up from low B, or Db if you will. I am not sure, just when I play AIC, I am at C# and Eb a lot. I don't know if he tunes the rest F#,B,E or not. But it must be a B string or BEAD from a 5 set.
    My question is about the bass however. Anyone tried one?:cool: