1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mike Lull aluminum bridges???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Willie Dizon, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Has anyone played a Mike Lull equipped with an aluminum bridge? I'm curious and would like to know.The web site says the aluminum is supposed to give a more snappy sound.Is there a significant difference? Please forgive me if this question has been asked before;there is so much gear out there and I haven't had the opportunity to try the majority of them.

2. Willie, I don't know if Lull is making his own or using a high grade aftermarket but I own an ABM that is aluminum and I find it a perfect piece of hardware. It seems to have enough mass without the additional weight of brass. I also have just put my first aluminum nut on my custom fretless Jazz. Great!! I really can't tell the difference between brass and the high grade aluminum.

But you can bet on one thing. Mike Lull wouldn't compromise his instruments for anything!

3. Thanks hambone!!! I have so much to learn.If I get hired by Mars Music I'll need to know these things.