Mike Lull is THE man!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MJ5150, Apr 18, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just got home from taking my 1997 MIA Fender Jazz to Mike Lull's shop. I had a setup done, and new strings put on.

YOWSAH!! This bass is absolutely amazing now. I don't know exactly everything he did, but Mike does awesome work. He adjusted my pickup height, set the intonation, cleaned the frets, checked out the neck, inspected my recent electrical work, and I think he put some magic dust on the neck. Serious....the bass plays so smooth and light now. It sounds beautiful without even plugging it into an amp. It looks brand new again.

All of this, and I have not even mentioned how great the guys are in the shop. I dealt with Mike first off in the morning. He is super cool. He even offered to let me play some of his personal basses. It was pretty obvious I don't know much, but he did not treat me that way. He took the time to answer all of my questions. When I came back, Roger helped me out. Roger was just as accomodating, and helpful. He let me check out the bass to make sure I was happy. Sh-yeah.....as if I wasn't going to be. Top notch service from a classy group of guys. It was just awesome hanging out in the shop and smelling the fresh finish coming from the back. Some lucky guy's new bass is almost done. I didn't want to leave, but had to. It was $65 I can probably save doing it myself, but sending my Jazz to the "day spa for basses" every couple months is worth it. I am already planning my next trip to Mike's shop.

If Mike, Roger, or anyone from the shop is reading this......THANK YOU!!! You guys do amazing work!

2. RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The whole industry deserve their props for making great sounding basses and gear pretty widely available. But, guys like Lull, particularly.
  3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Roger and Mike at Lull are just AWESOME people-
    i just put in an order for one- most playable Jazz style basses i have found.
  4. Definatly - awesome stuff. I live 5 minutes away from Mike's shop and I've had him do some pretty major stuff, including a full refret and neck straightening. Came out awesome and it was definatly worth every penney (and that stuff isn't cheap either). He'll let you stay and play his personal basses while you're there too, and take you in the back for a little tour and everything if you want. Really nice guy. Last year, I was working a summer show in Seattle and Mike brought 2 of his basses (a P and a J) down and let the bassist try them both. And not only that but he let the guy play the J for the whole show. Sounded great, I'm sure he put in an order after that. Mike's a super nice guy.
  5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    yeah I'll chime in, great service and friendly attitudes on top of the great product.. I have a M5V that plays and sounds great. Nice tight and focused tone. GREAT BASS. Definitly prefer it to the Sad Metro I traded which is also a great bass. Just different strokes.