SOLD Mike Lull JT-4 - Translucent Red Flame

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CJL, May 28, 2016.

1. CJL

CJL Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently picked up this Mike Lull JT-4 and after doing some research it seems to have an interesting story. As you can see it has a Ken Smith bridge. In addition I couldn't find a serial number but it has the number "100" stamped in the end of the neck.

I traded some emails with the Lull shop and I was told that this is "more than likely" the first production Lull bass that was made. They said that serial numbers 1-99 do not exist, and that the first official serial number was 100...which is this bass (I can forward the emails to anyone who wants to see them). This bass has been in TB before but somehow found its way to Germany, and then back to Dallas where I acquired it.

Around 2013 the bass was returned to the Lull shop to have the original jazz pickups replaced with the newest version of the Lull T-Bird pickups and to have the neck PLEK'd. It has a Bartolini 2-band preamp and a push/pull volume knob for active/passive operation. The bass is wired Volume / Blend / Stacked bass and treble.

The neck has a good bit of birds eye on the back and it has a d-tuner. The color is great and it looks much better in person than it does in my photos. The Smith bridge had a little corrosion when I got it and it was cleaned up pretty good at that time.

Reason for selling or trading is because although I like the Jazz body style, the T-Bird style pickups have never really been my sound. It does sound great, but I just have no use for it...too many other bases in the stable right now that fit my needs.

The bass will ship with a gig bag and I am looking to get $1750 shipped CONUS. I am willing to consider shipping internationally or to AK and HI if the buyer is willing to pay any additional fees.

Short trade bait list:

Sadowsky basses
    Bergantino CN212 or CN210 plus cash
    Alembic basses
    Zon basses
    I'll listen to other offers...don't really need anything in particular but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    What's the nut width on this one? Thnx

3. CJL

CJL Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    1.5" nut width and right at 9 pounds.

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    How would you describe the sound compared to a jazz

5. CJL

CJL Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Lot you solo the neck pickup you get a nice p-bass / t-bird sound. Bridge pickup is like a "thick" jazz. Both together is like a classic t-bird with a nice gritty edge to it. Turn off the preamp and go passive and its classic t-bird all the way. Really sounds good...I just don't have a situation where I would use it.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021