No longer available Mike Lull M5: 7.2 lb, 34" scale, passive, spalted, flamed maple stunner

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lomo, May 29, 2017.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Price:
    Strings:
    ....my process of shedding gear/getting smaller continues.....

I am the original owner...bought it from Chicago Bass Exchange a few years ago. It was already a nice 7.5 lbs when I got it....then I had the pre removed (long gone).....it now has passive (cut only) bass and treble, pan and volume....superb, classic, passive J tone courtesy of original Lull J pups.....taught, clear, deep B string and great balance....with room to put a pre in if you need one. I added a single, recessed Dunlop strap lock receiver to the lower body edge (see pics) for my bass belt. She has been babied at home, played out a handful of times. No blemishes I can find and a glorious neck with no fretwear. I wish I took better pics-these do not do it justice at all.

$2500 US OBO shipped to CONUS or most of canada (maritime provinces and far north will be more. Local pickup in Montreal for less. Partial trades considered for a very small combo, a cab under 40lbs or a head, EHX Microsynth Bass or similar pedal. I might consider a bass trade if there's at least $1200 coming my way and it's TRULY under 9 lbs and 34" scale-would consider fretless 4 or 5, fretted 5 only.

She plays and sounds even sweeter than she looks, and at this weight, your shoulder will smile as much as your fingers and ears.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. bertthebassist

bertthebassist Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Bethlehem, PA
    pmd

3. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Gold Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    That's a gorgeous bass! Having owned a handful of Lulls, plus the infamous "LullDowsky" bass, I know how great it will play and sound. Just wish I could afford to add another Jazz-style bass to my collection!

4. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA

By the way - does it have the 34" or 35" scale neck? Also, 12" fingerboard radius and asymmetrical neck profile? Finally, I am assuming that it has Mike's "standard" 1.875" nut width (I know that he does some 5-string M5V and M5 basses with a narrower nut width (1.813", I believe), because I owned one about 6 years ago.

Thanks!

5. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    34" scale neck, and yes to the rest :)

6. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    So, that means 1.875" nut width and an asymmetrical neck profile similar to the neck shape on the Bryan Beller Signature M5 model, correct?

7. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    If all of this is definitely so, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS BASS!

8. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I do not know if this has the same neck profile as Beller's sig model, but it's definitely a svelte neck, not chunky at all...quick thin. I am sure Mike Lull will have the deets you seek :)

9. carlis

carlis

Dec 28, 2005
    Do you happen to have any sound clips?

10. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Sorry no clips. I am happy to face time or skype and do some noodling for an interested buyer.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  11. 4Mal

4Mal Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Oh man... gorgeous...

12. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I have had several inquiries regarding shipping out of N. Am.....here's the deal.....I am willing to ship anywhere under the following conditions:

I will cover the 1st $100 USD of shipping; the remainder would have to be paid by the buyer. I would require payment via bank transfer in advance. I have sold to Europe and S. America before like this without issue (check my copious feedback). Simply initiate a conversation with any questions.

13. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    ...more pics added per request.....