Mike Lull M5V, Nordy J5, or Sadowsky RV5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jondiener, Jan 2, 2008.

1. You won't find a better neck than your Lakland, imho. Do I what I should have done to my 55-01, before I sold it ( not diggin' the Barts at all ), put some Nordy big singles in it, or some of the new Lakland pups. It'll warm you up again.

2. jondiener

jondiener Just trying to serve the song. Gold Supporting Member

Wow, what a great collection of experiences and insights. Thanks to everyone for their input on this. I know choosing a bass is about as subjective as picking a spouse, but much of what you folks stated in this thread has confirmed what I was already thinking. I'm leaning toward another Sadowsky Metro, or if I can find a decent used NYC. I don't think I need (or want to wait for) a 5 string HPJ, so I'm thinking RV5 (or Vintage 5, if I can find a used NYC).

All that said, I'm hoping to attend the Ohio Guitar Show in Columbus on Jan. 13 to try some things on first-hand. I know LowEnd will be there, so I will definitely check them out.

Any other TBers planning on going?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021