Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Lull P4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Apr 17, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I cant find much about this bass.
    How good is it?
    Are there any better alternatives in the same pricerange?
    How is the neck? Lika a new Fender MIA?
    Pics are also welcomed as they always give me even more GAS:D

2. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How good is it? Pretty darned good. The pickup is a Fralin and it sounds really nice, punchy, deep, etc. All of the nice things that people associate with a P-Bass.

The neck is not like a new Fender MIA. The American Series Fenders are all B width, which is 1.65" at the nut, while my P4 has a 1.75" width. Also, the American Series neck is much thicker from front to back than the P4 neck.

Alternatives in the price range? Well, for a new bass, probably the P4's closest competitor would be the Lakland Bob Glaub. I got my P4 used though, for less than the price of a new Fender American Series P. So that was pretty rockin'.

3. yeh FC, I couldn't get on to TC so I came here, and I was wondering if you could tell me how well EMG actives, stack up to bartolinis (both 5 string soapbars)

4. Spiral, ask that question in the "Pickups" section and you will get all the answers that you desire.

5. I have tried but no one answers, and I figure since you know like everything (well at least compared to the TCers) you might know

6. Give it a little more time. It's slow around this time cause people have jobs and stuff (yeah, I dunno what that is either).