Mike Lull P4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Apr 17, 2002.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I cant find much about this bass.
    How good is it?
    Are there any better alternatives in the same pricerange?
    How is the neck? Lika a new Fender MIA?
    Pics are also welcomed as they always give me even more GAS:D
  2. Here's mine:

How good is it? Pretty darned good. The pickup is a Fralin and it sounds really nice, punchy, deep, etc. All of the nice things that people associate with a P-Bass.

The neck is not like a new Fender MIA. The American Series Fenders are all B width, which is 1.65" at the nut, while my P4 has a 1.75" width. Also, the American Series neck is much thicker from front to back than the P4 neck.

Alternatives in the price range? Well, for a new bass, probably the P4's closest competitor would be the Lakland Bob Glaub. I got my P4 used though, for less than the price of a new Fender American Series P. So that was pretty rockin'.
  3. yeh FC, I couldn't get on to TC so I came here, and I was wondering if you could tell me how well EMG actives, stack up to bartolinis (both 5 string soapbars)
  4. Spiral, ask that question in the "Pickups" section and you will get all the answers that you desire.
  5. I have tried but no one answers, and I figure since you know like everything (well at least compared to the TCers) you might know
  6. Give it a little more time. It's slow around this time cause people have jobs and stuff (yeah, I dunno what that is either).