1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Lull PJ/5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by larry heinemann, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. larry heinemann

larry heinemann Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Price:
    $1625
    Strings:
    FS: My Lull PJ/5, black with tortoise shell pick guard. It weighs about 8.5 lbs. I got this in trade about 8 years ago. It is serial #1338 but, as not the original owner, i am not sure of the date of manufacture (I am guessing mid-2000's) or whether it is an alder body or maple. It is very playable and one of the warmest, vintage sounding 5 strings I have ever played. Lull makes beautiful instruments! Also, this just got a great set up from Matt Brewster at 30th St Guitars in NYC. UPDATE: This a 2009 and was Plek'd upon manufacture.

The one thing with this bass is that I had installed a string tree in the headstock close to the nut for the low B string (not an issue specific to this bass, for better or worse, this is something I do with my 5 strings). It has left a hole (that I have photographed). Definitely visible but, with it being a black finished headstock, it is rather forgiving and, if you are so inclined, you could fill the hole and touch it up to render it a bit more inconspicuous. Again, not something that is going to jump out at first view and of no consequence to the soundness or functionality of this lovely bass! However, it is a substantial enough flaw for me to knock the asking price down a bit. There are a view dings and scratches that I have documented. A scratch on the upper horn, a little wear at the top of the headstock. The photos make these flaws seem vastly more dramatic then they actually are. Again, I think this is priced accordingly.

Comes with a Mike Lull gig bag.

$1625 shipped in CONUS. I will discuss shipping internationally but will only do so at the buyer's expense via UPS or FEDEX. I do not do business with USPS. AND, Lull full body.jpg Lull outside front.jpg Lull Serial number.jpg Lull full rear.jpg Lull bridge.jpg Lull String Tree hole.jpg Lull upper horn scratch.jpg Lull back lower body ding.jpg Lull Headstock dings 1.jpg Lull Headstock dings 2.jpg Lull back scratch.jpg PLEASE NO TRADES!

» Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck
    » Rosewood Fingerboard
    » Contoured Neck Heel
    » 35" for PJ5
    » 21 Frets
    » 12" Radius Fingerboard
    » 11 7/8" for PJ5
    » Bone Nut
    » Chrome Hardware
    » Passive Electronics
    » Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
    » PJ5: Custom Wound Vintage "P" Pickup
    » PJ5: Custom Wound Hum-Canceling "J" Pickup
    » Aluminum Bridge
    » Full Electrostatic Shielding

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Brianvw, Fred312b, Jones64 and 5 others like this.
  2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

This is my old bass and a fantastic passive PJ-5.. Out of all the PJ-5's I've owned this is in the top 2... Larry was also great to work with !! GLWTS

ExaltBass likes this.
  3. larry heinemann

Aug 26, 2007
    Thanks and likewise! It served me well and is quite lovely! Let me ask, do you know the date of manufacture on this?

4. SCT1422

I'm thinking 2009... But the best way to check is contact Mike or Paul at Lull... Great guys !!

5. larry heinemann

Aug 26, 2007
    Will do, thanks!

6. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Love this

7. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Great basses!! Is this one Plek'd? Not sure when he started doing that as a standard spec. Thanks

8. larry heinemann

Aug 26, 2007
    I recall this being Plek'd but, as second owner, I am not 100% certain.

9. larry heinemann

Aug 26, 2007
    I do have corroboration that this was manufactured in 2009 and was Plek'd.

10. lucasfgonzalez

lucasfgonzalez

Jul 4, 2013
    will you include case ?

11. SCT1422

If you're looking for a really nice passive PJ-5, this is the one... I was just thinking about this bass a few weeks ago and thought how great it would sound with my B/Amp....

12. larry heinemann

Aug 26, 2007
    lucasfgonzalez, yes this will come with the Mike Lull gig bag that came with the bass.