Mike Lull Prices ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Whats up with these Mike Lull P-bass imitations that are priced over $2000? Thats crazy! You could modify a Fender
    P-bass for way less than that.

Does Mike Lull do something special to his basses?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Sort of coincidental that you brought this up, since I was just studying his site early this morning.

Here's where you're confusing me, count - Matt mentions on his site that he gets asked to make copies of other brands and he says he refuses to do it. He talks about brand recognition from design characteristics as being important. Plus, he refers to basses that cost $2.5k - $5k and infers his don't.

I had a bid from him on a bass I had spec'd out. It was fairly high end and his bid came in under $1800 (I know, it could be a different story once a build order was firmed up).

Is there a specific situation you're referring to?
  3. Yea Rick. If you go to his web page you should see a link for the Mike Lull P4 Bass. It has the price of $2199 next to it. It is a nice looking bass but OUCH!
  4. geesh for that much or a little more you could go custom shop at another brand.
  5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    JR, no, you couldn't.

The Mike Lulls Ps are in the same boat as the Lakland Ps. Simply a better built Fender with better wood, better pickups, better hardware, and more choices. Is it worth it? That's up the individual. Mike Lulls sure do sound good though.

His prices have been pretty steadily hiking, so if you want to buy, buy now!
  6. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

The prices you see listed are the retail prices if you buy direct from Mike Lull.. He recommends you call a dealer.. BassNw has that bass for $1599.00... Giampietro Guitars has one at $1625.00.... Bass Palace has a used one for $1099.00... There are other dealers also listed on the Mike Lull website... They also have a P-5 coming out shortly..... Best of luck....
  7. Mike Lull`s are suppose to be really good basses.I don`t know...other than what I read.

For those prices why not look into a true custom bass like an "F" bass or a DP custom(next year next year...hehe).To me it seems when a smaller luthier gets more well known and in demand the prices go up....like duh!

Maybe you could just think of it as a Fender with a
    `tude? :D