1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Lull PT4 Amber

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Holdsg, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    $1750 shipped within North America. Will not ship outside of North America. Only interested in 4-string Lulls, or Laklands (US) as trade ideas.

Love this bass, wish I could keep it around, but ultimately, I need to raise cash.

Mike's reversed-engineered dual Thunderbird Pickups, give this bass that T-bird sound with none of the ergonomic challenges for which those basses were famous. Pickups are in the P positions, not J positions.

Rosewood fretboard with mother of pearl dots...classy and bright sounding. P-bass width (1.75" at bone nut).

Beautiful lightweight swamp-ash body, trans-amber finish, body and arm contours, and low weight - this bass weighs 8 lbs 7.5 oz and has no neck dive.

Currently strung with EBMM flat wound (great sounding strings), has a high-mass Hipshot A-style bridge, and has Dunlop strap locks installed.

Comes Mike Lull Protec gig bag. Will be double boxed and well padded for shipping.

Excellent condition, I see no dings, just some light player wear noticeable if you look at just the right angle.

pics:
    DSCN0982_zpscfsf53wo.

DSCN0989_zpsk4zicmd1.

DSCN0988_zpswi6jcyc1.

DSCN0992_zpsinxp2nva.

paypal preferred.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Icculus, pudge, GregC and 4 others like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

twinjet and Holdsg like this.
  3. Damn I love me a PT4! Keep it maaaan!

Holdsg likes this.
  4. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    These basses are just incredible. I had a PT4 that I only moved out for a Lull T-Bird...the pickups are AMAZING. Both of the Lull T basses I owned (again, one was this same model) were/are the top best sounding basses in my whole giant arsenal.

Holdsg likes this.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's sweet.

Holdsg likes this.
  6. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I know what you mean, played with a pic thru a big-a.. amp, that's rock & roll.

7. I have two Lulls, a P4 with a Darkstar pup, and a T5. Serious monsters with a pick! Love it

Holdsg likes this.
  8. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I am open to trade ideas that involve other 4-string Lulls, Laklands or G&L's (US on those last 2).

9. xsnrg27

xsnrg27 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Florida
    Im almost tempted to trade my Lakland US signature Jerry Scheff because this is such a beautiful bass in a great color...but I think I love the neck on the Scheff too much.

10. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    that would be a tempting trade. I had a sky scheff once, and I remember it well.

11. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    I had one of these. They bring the thunder. Great Bass.

Holdsg likes this.
  12. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I am reconsidering selling this, may be on here only for another day or two.

13. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    sold and headed north