1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mike lull question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaibeau, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jaibeau

jaibeau my fingers hurt Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Endorsing Artist:MIKE LULL / ERNIE BALL
    Bought a mike lull T5 from bass northwest. I noticed the serial number was written in with pen over a scratched area. I thought it was like this maybe because is a boutique bass maker. Anyway, when I start polishing it, it's rubbing off!!?! I thought for sure it has a clear coat over it. Is this normal? Thoughts? They sold it as new, not a second so that would be pretty dishonest. Hmmm?

2. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    It might be different for the T-basses, but my old MV4 had a four digit serial number that was engraved/carved/punched, whatever you want to call it into the back of the headstock with no ink.

Handwritten serial numbers aren't unheard of though. I know Spector (on US basses), Micheal Tobias (on US MTD basses), Nash, Benavente and a few other boutique guys write their serial numbers... So maybe its a new thing for Mike???

3. jaibeau

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Wow! Ok, well I know I have pedals like fulltone where it's written on a sticker but ive never seen it on a bass. I mean if it's stolen, its untraceable. I have a P5 that its stamped in the wood. I emailed lull and bassNW but it's nyears so sure they are closed. Well, thanks for that info-

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

My T4's SN is stamped just like every other Lull I've seen.

5. jaibeau

Nov 12, 2006
    DALLAS
    Talked to mike. The mahogany doesn't press well, then when it's painted, its worse so he writes it in pen, said he's working on getting the finish less heavy So it will press in.